Youtube is a content streaming platform that allows its users to watch content with subtitles and automatic captions in various languages. You can turn on subtitles on youtube by navigating to the “CC” option available in the playback or menu options.
In this post, we are going to mention a complete guide on how to turn on subtitles on youtube across various devices such as Smart TV, Apple TVs, Roku, and more.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Youtube Smart Tv
Here’s how you can turn on subtitles on Youtube Smart TV:
- Launch Youtube on your Smart TV
- Play any video of your choice
- Pause the video by clicking on the “Play/Pause” button on your Smart TV remote
- Tap on the “CC” option available on right-side
- Under Subtitles & Closed captioning, select the subtitle language of your choice
- That’s it and your subtitles will be enabled
How to Turn on Subtitles on Youtube Mobile without cc [android, Iphone]
If you are streaming youtube on your Android or iPhone device then you can enable subtitles on youtube by navigating to the playback and performance option here’s how you can do it:
- Open youtube via a browser on your Android device
- Click on three dots on the right-side of the screen to bring menu options
- Tap on “Playback and Performance”
- Now select or tick on “Always show captions” to turn on subtitles automatically
- That’s it now you can exit the menu
- Open Youtube on your iPhone via your preferred browser
- Tap on the three-dots on the right side of the screen to bring menu options (you can also tap on your profile picture icon in the right corner)
- Select “Playback and Performance”
- Now, select “Always show captions,” and the subtitles will automatically turn on youtube
How to Turn on Subtitles on Youtube Roku
To turn on subtitles on Youtube Roku you need to follow these instructions:
- Open the youtube app on Roku TV
- Select any movie or series and play it
- Now on the Roku remote click on the asterisk button and it will enable the menu options
- Tap on the “CC” option
- Select the subtitle language and subtitles will be enabled on youtube
How to Turn on Subtitles on Youtube Apple Tv
You can turn on subtitles on youtube Apple tv using the touchpad on your apple remote and here’s how you can do it:
- On Apple Tv launch Youtube App
- Choose any content you wish to watch and start streaming
- Pause the video using your Apple Tv remote and menu options will appear
- Click on “CC” Closed Captioning
- Under Subtitles & Closed Captioning, select the subtitle language to enable subtitles
How to Turn on Subtitles on Youtube Firestick
To enable subtitles on youtube Firestick you need to follow these steps:
- Open Youtube on Firestick
- Play any video of your choice
- Select the “Pause” button on the Firestick remote
- Click on the “CC” option on your screen
- Now choose your preferred subtitle language using the “Up” and “Down” buttons on the firestick remote
- Once the language is selected subtitles will be enabled
Youtube subtitles not turning on? what to do?
There can be many reasons behind youtube subtitles not turning on, such as cache, slow internet, technical issues, bugs, and more. However, these issues are temporary and can be easily fixed by using a few simple methods mentioned below:
Disable and Re-enable subtitles
- Open youtube on your preferred device
- Tap on the screen to enable playback options
- Click on “CC”
- Turn “Off” subtitles and wait for a few seconds
- Now, turn “On” the subtitles again by selecting your preferred language
Change the playback Speed
Another potential reason behind automatic captions turning on youtube could be because the playback speed is too high. Therefore, you need to change the playback speed to normal.
Here’s how you can reset the playback speed:
- Open youtube
- Play any video/content of your choice
- Tap on the screen to enable video playback options
- Click on the settings icon
- Click on playback speed and choose “Normal”
Try reloading your browser or restarting the youtube app on your device as this has been an effective method to fix subtitles issues. Simply log off your youtube app and log in again after a few minutes. You can also close the tabs on your web browser and reload the page by clicking on Ctrl + f5.
Cache and corrupted files can cause technical glitches and bugs on your device, which can also cause trouble loading subtitles. Therefore, you should clear these data and files on your browser regularly to avoid such issues, and here’s how you can do it:
- Open the browser
- Click on the three-dots visible on the right-side of your screen
- Tap on History and select “Clear browsing data”
- Now, choose the time range to want to clear your device
- Click on “Cache images & files”
- Also, select “Cookies & site data”
- Lastly, select Clear data
Check your Internet Connection
A poor internet connection can be the reason behind subtitles being unable to load properly, so it’s important to check your internet connection, and if your connection is weak switch to a good wifi or internet package.
Youtube subtitles are not available what does that mean?
Usually, youtube videos provide subtitles and automatic captions for most of their videos. However, in some cases, if the subtitles or captions aren’t available, it might be because the automatic captions don’t support the language used in the video. Another reason can be the sound quality of the video is too poor hence youtube captions are unable to recognize speech.
Subtitles provided by youtube help improve the streaming experience and assist the users in understanding the content better. Especially with such easy steps anyone can access subtitles from anywhere and everywhere. Above we have mentioned a proper guide across all devices on how to turn on subtitles on youtube.
We hope through this post we were able to solve all your queries.