You can enable subtitles on Hulu by simply clicking on the subtitles menu on the right of your PC. If you are using a Smart TV you can turn on subtitles by setting the Settings and Accessibility option on your Smart TV remote.
In this article, we are going to mention how to turn on subtitles on Hulu across different platforms with simple steps.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Hulu Roku
To turn on subtitles on Hulu Roku Tv you need to follow these steps:
- Open Hulu on Roku TV
- Launch any show or movie
- Click on the Play/Pause button on your Roku remote
- Now, Select “Settings” on the right-bottom corner
- Click on “Audio & Subtitles”
- Select the “On” option and the subtitles will be enabled
- Press the Play/Pause button again to continue watching your content
How to Turn on Subtitles on Hulu Amazon Fire Stick
Subtitles settings are available in the accessibility option on the Amazon Firestick. To enable subtitles on Amazon Firestick, you have to follow these steps:
- Open Hulu on Amazon Fire Stick
- Play any content you desire
- Click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines) on your Fire TV remote
- Now, click on the “Settings” option
- Select Accessibility under settings
- Navigate to “Closed Captions”
- Toggle the Closed Captioning switch to enable subtitles
How to Turn on Subtitles on Hulu Apple Tv
You can turn on subtitles on your Apple TV screen by using the Apple TV remote or Siri remote and following these steps:
- Go to “Home screen” on Apple TV
- Click on Settings and choose General
- Navigate to “Accessibility”
- Select “Subtitles and Captioning”
- Now, Turn “On” closed caption + SDH option to enable subtitles
- You can also turn on your subtitles during video playback by clicking on the Siri remote’s touch surface three times.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Hulu Pc
The steps to turn on subtitles on Hulu PC are extremely simple, and here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Hulu website on your PC
- Play any tv show or movie you want to watch
- Click on the arrow present in the right corner of the menu
- Under the Subtitles menu, choose your preferred language
- Subtitles will be enabled on your screen within 30 seconds
How to Turn on Subtitles on Hulu Samsung Smart Tv
Here’s how you can turn on subtitles on Hulu Samsung Smart TV:
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV
- Click on the “Menu” option on your Samsung Tv remote
- Click on Accessibility
- Now scroll and select Caption Settings
- Toggle the Caption button to turn on subtitles on your Samsung TV
Note: You can change the language of subtitles by selecting Caption mode in the Caption settings. You can also change the font size, color, and position of captions in the digital caption option.
Why Can’t I Turn on Subtitles on Hulu?
There can be many reasons behind your subtitles not turning on. Sometimes there can be technical errors or your server might be down. Apart from these, here are some of the common reasons why the subtitle is unable to turn on Hulu:
- Hulu app has not been updated
- Cache Data
- Poor internet connection
- Subtitle language not available in the region
Where are Subtitles Settings on Hulu?
Subtitles Settings are located in the menu option on the right corner of your screen. It helps you to turn on/off subtitles on Hulu and you can enable it by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Hulu on your PC or mobile
- Play any content of your choice
- Tap on the screen and click on video playback options will be enabled
- Click on Menu in the right corner and you will find subtitles settings
Can You Get Captions on Hulu?
Yes, you can get captions on Hulu. To enable Captions select Settings on your Home Screen. Click on the Accessibility menu, then select Closed Captioning and the captions will be turned on.
This post has discussed how to turn on subtitles across various devices such as PC, Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, and more. Along with this, we have also talked about what are the potential causes for subtitles not working and how to get captions on Hulu. We hope through this article we were able to solve all your queries.