Crunchyroll offers subtitles in their content and these subtitles can be enabled on any device easily by following a few simple steps in settings and menu options.
In this article, we will mention top ways on how to turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll across various platforms such as the Web, mobile phones, Roku, Xbox, and Ps4.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Crunchyroll on Web
If you like streaming Crunchyroll on a browser and wonder how to turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll on the web then follow these steps:
- Open Crunchyroll via the web browser.
- Select the content you want to watch and start streaming it.
- While streaming, click on the wheel gear icon on the right bottom side.
- Select Subtitles/CC to enable options for subtitle language. (Supported language option varies from show to show depending on the publisher)
- Select the preferred subtitle language and the subtitles will be enabled.
Note: If you wish to turn off the subtitles then simply select the wheel gear icon. Select Subtitles/CC and click on the “None” option. This will disable the subtitles.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Crunchyroll on Mobile App
You can easily turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll on your mobile app by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your mobile phone
- Streaming the content you want to watch.
- Click on the settings icon and then select Subtitles/CC.
- Now select the preferred subtitle language and the subtitles will be enabled.
Note: To turn off subtitles on your Mobile App, simply select settings click on Subtitles/CC, and then select “None”.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Crunchyroll Roku
To turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll Roku you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Crunchyroll and select the show you want to watch
- Click on the “Home” button on your Roku remote
- Select “Settings” and then click on “Accessibility” (In case Accessibility is not available, select Captions)
- Click on the Captions Mode option
- Now select “On” and your subtitles will be enabled
Note: You can follow the same method to turn off subtitles on Crunchyroll Roku by Selecting Captions Mode and then the “Off” button. The subtitles will be disabled.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Crunchyroll Xbox
If you are an Xbox user and wondering how you can turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll, then this is how you can do it:
Step 1: Open Crunchyroll on your Xbox and play the episode you want to watch.
Step 2: Take your Xbox Controller and select the wheel gear icon on the right.
Step 3: Click on Subtitles/CC option
Step 4: Click on the subtitle language you prefer and the subtitles will be enabled.
Note: You can similarly disable the subtitles by clicking on Subtitles/CC and selecting “Off”.
How to Turn on Subtitles on Crunchyroll Ps4
If you are a Ps4 user and wonder how to turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll Ps4, then here is how it’s done:
- Select the “Menu” option on your Ps4.
- Now scroll down and select “Settings”
- Select your preferred subtitle language and the subtitles will be enabled in the video
- Exit the menu
The availability of subtitles in the preferred language majorly depends on licensing agreements between the broadcaster and Crunchyroll. So, it is possible subtitles in selected languages might not be available.
So, if you witness a few shows not having subtitles in your selected language then it’s because they aren’t available.
Note: You can similarly turn off the subtitles by going to the menu, selecting settings, and language, and then selecting “Off” the subtitles will be disabled.
Why Can’t I Turn on Subtitles on Crunchyroll?
It’s common for people to face subtitles issues due to technical difficulties. So, if you are wondering why can’t I turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll then here is what you can do:
- Update Crunchyroll App
Not updating your app can be one reason your subtitles are not enabled. It’s crucial to update your Crunchyroll app from time to time on your computer and mobile to keep the app safe and secure. By updating your app, you can acquire new features and changes.
- Try Using Another Browser
If you are facing subtitles issues on your web browser, then you should try using a different browser for streaming. Sometimes the cache and cookie of a particular browser can cause issues while streaming.
So, using a different browser might help in cross-checking whether the issue is due to the browser or not.
- Sign Out
Signing out of your Crunchyroll account and then signing back in can be a helpful trick to resolve subtitles errors. This might help reload the files on the app and resolve the errors in the app.
- Clear the Cache
Try clearing your browser cache data to avoid facing any issues while streaming Crunchyroll. You can clear your browser by following these steps:
- Open Chrome browser
- Click on three verticals dots on the upper right side
- Click on the More Tools button
- Now select clear browsing data
- Select your preferred time range under the basic tap
- Select all three checkboxes (Browsing history, Cookies, other site data, Cached images, and files) under the basic tap
- Click on Clear and restart your chrome browser
Apart from the browser, you can also clear cache from your Crunchyroll webpage by clicking on shortcut keys Ctrl+Shift+R.
In this article, we have listed how you can turn on subtitles on Crunchyroll across various devices. We also have listed down a few tips on what you can do if subtitles in your Crunchyroll won’t turn on. We hope this article has helped you in solving your query.