The process to turn on or off subtitles on Peacock is extremely easy but it varies depending on the device. For Smart TVs, you have to click on the Menu and Select button while for apps on iPhone and Android devices you have to click on text bubbles.
In this article, we will discuss how to turn on/off subtitles on peacock tv across all devices.
Why does my Peacock have Closed Captioning?
Peacock contains a closed captioning feature for its hearing-impaired viewers and those people whose primary language is not English.
Closed captions provide a complete translation in the textual form of background noises, people’s sounds, and more. It delivers “note symbols” or “soft music playing” when the music is being played in the video.
Even though this is a useful feature for hearing impaired and Non-English speaking viewers. Some people can have trouble when captions begin to appear on the screen when not needed.
In such cases, you can simply turn it off by going to the settings and Accessibility section on your Peacock app.
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles on Peacock TV using a PC
Here are the steps on How to turn on or off subtitles on Peacock TV using a PC:
- Sign in to the official website of Peacock TV on your PC via Browser.
- Pick the movie/series you want to watch and start streaming.
- Move your pointer anywhere on the screen and video playback options will be enabled on your screen.
- Click on the “comments” option on your screen’s left corner.
- A pop-up menu will arise with options “Audio” and “Subtitles”. In the subtitles option select “On” to enable subtitles.
- To disable subtitles from Peacock TV select “Off”.
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles on iPhone Peacock App
If you are an iPhone user and wonder how to turn on or off subtitles on the iPhone Peacock app then here’s how you can do it:
- Open the “iPhone Peacock app”
- Stream the content you want to watch
- Pull up the playback options on your phone at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the “Text Bubble” Option at the right corner
- Select on “Audio & Subtitles” button
- Under Subtitles select “On” to turn on the subtitles
- To turn off the subtitle select on “None” option
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles on Android Peacock TV App
Android Peacock TV app delivers high-quality content with subtitles that can be accessed from anywhere to everywhere. Here is how to turn on or off subtitles on the android peacock tv app:
- Open the “Android Peacock TV app”
- Stream any show/movie of your preference
- Pull up playback options from your fingertip
- Select the “Text bubble” option on the right corner
- Click on “Audio & Subtitles”
- Now click on the “On” or “Off” option to enable or disable subtitles.
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles on Firestick Peacock TV App
To Turn on or Off subtitles, on Firestick Peacock TV App you will require the Firestick remote, and here’s how to use it:
- Stream any content on Peacock TV
- Click on the “Menu” button on your remote
- Video Playback options will be enabled on your Screen
- Now Click on the “Subtitles” options
- To turn on subtitles click on “Subtitle language” and choose your preferred language
- To turn off subtitles click on “None”
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles on Peacock Roku
Here’s how to turn on or off subtitles on Peacock Roku:
- Open Peacock TV on your Roku
- Now click on the “*” button on the right-middle corner of the Roku remote
- Now select “On” or “Off” to control the subtitles on Peacock TV
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles on Apple TV Peacock App
You can easily enable and disable subtitles on Apple TV Peacock by using your Apple Tv remote. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press “Select” on your Apple TV remote
- Click on “Audio language & Subtitles”
- Select the “Subtitles” option
- Choose subtitle language to turn subtitles “On” or click on “None” to turn off subtitles
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles in the Peacock TV App on a Smart TV
Regardless of what Smart TV you are using, peacock TV subtitles operate in the same way on all TV devices. Here’s how to Turn on or off subtitles in the Peacock TV app on a Smart TV:
- Open the Peacock TV app on your Smart TV
- Stream any movie/series on screen
- Press on the “Select” button on your remote and Video playback options will appear
- Click on “Audio & Subtitles”
- Navigate to the Subtitles sections
- Turn on Subtitles by selecting the subtitle language available or turn it off by selecting “None”
Note: The only difference in accessing subtitles on numerous devices is where the
The “Select” or “Menu” button resides in the remote. While the other controls remain the same in turning the subtitles on or off.
Does Peacock have English subtitles?
Yes, Peacock TV does have English subtitles and you can enable English subtitles while watching your content by clicking on the text bubble icon.
How to get English subtitles on peacock
Here is how to get English subtitles on peacock:
- Visit the official website of Peacock TV or open the Peacock TV app
- Stream any preferred content
- Navigate your cursor anywhere on the screen and video playback options will be appear
- Click on the comments option
- Now Click on “Subtitles” and choose your preferred Subtitle language within 30 seconds subtitles will be enabled on your screen.
What to Do if Peacock Subtitles Won’t Turn Off.
If you are facing the issue of Subtitles not turning off on your Peacock TV then here is what you can do:
- Refresh your Browser
If you are facing trouble turning off subtitles on your Peacock Tv then you should try refreshing your browser and retrying to disable subtitles.
- Log off from Peacock TV
In some cases, logging off from the peacock TV and logging in again has been an effective trick in fixing subtitles issues.
- Check other videos
Sometimes, there can be a glitch in a few videos due to which subtitles won’t turn off. In such cases, you should check whether you are facing the same issue in other videos.
- Clear Cache
One of the potential reasons behind your subtitles not turning off could be the cache files and data stored on your TV.
You can eliminate cache from your TV by clicking on the smart hub, and selecting settings, and the option to clear cache will appear, click on that, and the cache will be eliminated.
In this article, we have mentioned ways through which you can turn on/off subtitles on Peacock TV across various devices. Apart from this, we have also discussed why peacock has closed captioning and what you can do if Peacock subtitles won’t turn off.
We hope this article has helped you. If there are any additional doubts or queries, then let us know in the comments.