Roku allows its users to turn off subtitles on their TVs by following a few simple steps. You simply need to locate the Accessibility and captions mode options to disable the subtitles on your screen.
How to Turn Off Subtitles on Roku
The process to turn off subtitles on Roku is extremely simple and there are two methods that you can follow to disable subtitles. Here is the first method:
- Press Home Button on your Roku remote
- Now, press the arrows to move and click on settings under the menu section
- Click on Accessibility and open it using the right arrow
- Select “Captions Mode”
- Click on “OFF” to disable subtitles
This will turn off captions for everything you watch. However, if you want to turn off captions only for one program then you can turn off captions while streaming that particular show.
The faster way to turn off subtitles on Roku
There is another faster way to turn off subtitles on Roku and here’s how you can do it:
- Pressing the Star button (*) on your Roku remote.
- Once the menu is enabled on the screen click on the Closed Captions icon.
- Select the “Off” option to turn off (*) subtitles
- Now Exit the menu by clicking the star button again
Now you can enjoy watching your content without subtitles.
Note: You don’t have to pause or close the content you are watching to disable subtitles. The pop-up window on Roku allows you to disable captions while streaming the show.
Changing the Subtitle Language on Roku
In most devices, you will find English as the default language. But you can change the subtitle language on Roku by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press the “Home” button on Roku remote
- Open “Settings” on your screen
- Click on the “Accessibility” option
- Now, go to Captions and select your preferred language
- Once the language is selected close the menu and your subtitles will be enabled
How to Turn Off Subtitles on Roku Disney Plus
To turn off subtitles on Roku Disney Plus you need to follow these steps:
- Open Disney Plus on Roku
- Stream any content you want
- Click on the “Back” button on Roku remote to enable the description page
- Click on “Options” or “Audio & Subtitles”
- Select the “Off” option and your subtitles will be disabled
Newer Version of Roku
If you are using a newer version of Roku, then you can disable subtitles by pressing the “Up” button on your Roku remote. A menu option will be enabled then click on Audio & Subtitles and select the “Off” option to turn off subtitles. Click on the back option again, and you can continue watching your favorite content without subtitles.
How to Turn Off Subtitles on Roku Netflix
The steps to turn off subtitles on Roku Netflix are quite similar to other streaming devices, and here how you can do it:
- Open Netflix on Roku
- Stream any show/movie you desire
- Press “Back” on your Roku remote to enable video description
- Select Audio & Subtitles
- Under the Subtitle, section select “OFF” to disable subtitles
New Version of Roku TV
If you are using a newer version of Roku TV then you might need to follow these steps to turn off subtitles on Roku:
- Open Netflix on Roku TV
- Play any content you wish to watch
- Press on the “Up” button on your Roku Tv remote to enable the “Menu” options
- Click on the Audio & Subtitles option
- Select the “Off” option under the Subtitles option to disable it
That’s it, and your subtitles are disabled now. You can return to your show/movie without subtitles on the screen.
In this article, we have discussed how to turn off subtitles on Roku, including the older version and the newer version. Also, we have mentioned how you can disable subtitles on Roku on streaming devices such as Disney Plus and Netflix.
We hope this post was able to solve all your queries. If you have any additional queries, then let us know in the comments.